The latest tax, employment, business and economic news affecting firms and individuals alike. Updated each day.
- Unexpected drop in inflation could impact BoE interest rate decision.
- Two weeks to go until the 5 October deadline.
- Long-term economic issues impact UK businesses.
- Contraction comes amid wet weather and strikes.
- Deal part of HMRC’s bid to ease pressure on phone and post staff.
- 35% of retirees wish they had planned for retirement earlier.
- Hunt to focus on lowering inflation in November statement.
- Fears of a broken economy prove to be inaccurate.
- Professionals also warn that commencement date is too soon.
- Warning comes amid hints of interest rate rises.